Regionalization and insertion
“MediaStream Incut” is professional software for regionalization of TV-content (incl. ad-insertion, adaptation, blackouts, automatic overlaying of creeping lines and animated banners, live insertions) performed in real-time in DVB SPTS/MPTS/T2MI stream of main TV-channel.
Software works under Microsoft Windows and Intel Processors of last generations. “MediaStream Incut” in real-time captures incoming main DVB-stream, alanlyzes it, and performs insertion of local file-based content or local live streams into main stream, in some cases even without transcoding. Insertion performed by changing of TV-content (no time shift or delay is done). Stream transcoding is always performed while some graphics is overlaid.
- no human control required, software designed to automate all insertion processes. All local content (Ad- and live-insertions, creeping lines and animated banners) is played out by every-day schedules inside of their time windows and/or by specially designed SCTE-35/104 marks within DVB-/SDI-stream or by DTMF cue-tones in audio stream. Also system is capable to be learned to detect indirect features in audio- and video- streams to start and stop regionalization: part or whole image, piece of sound, custom command in data stream such as X31-technology in teletext PID used by VIACOM tv-channels.
- All content changing operations are performed with frame-accurate precision.
- System can be set up to avoid transcoding of streams at all when it’s possible within technical conditions.
- Transcoding, up- and downscaling, short time delay.
- physical input/output – DVB IP Multicast/Unicast UDP/RTP, DVB ASI, DVB S/S2/T/T2/C/C2 (input only), SDI.
- input/output streams – descrambled DVB SPTS/MPTS/T2MI up to 120 Mbit, video MPEG-2 (ISO 13818-2, MP@ML) and H.264 (ISO/IEC 14496-10), audio MPEG-1 (ISO 11172-3, Layer I and II), AAC audio, SD- and HD- streams.
- any transcoding direction is possible, SDI -> H264, H264->MPEG2, H264 -> SDI, etc.
- Video signal upscale and downscale.
- control: SCTE-35 (DVB), SCTE-104 (SDI), SNMP, DTMF, DCOM/RPC, Web-interface, custom. Regionalization can be performed manually in Web-interface and/or by network SNMP-command and/or by SCTE-35/104 marks and or by DTMF-tones and/or by any selected piece of sound and/or by any selected [part] of frame. For MPEG2-streams and/or in transcoding mode frame-accurate transition is possible in any point; for H.264-streams transition WITHOUT transcoding is possible only on IDR-frames.
- system is capable to be externally-controlled by 3rd-party software by DCOM/RPC protocols (Visual Basic, Python, MS C++, С# etc).
- physical IP bypass: Silicom Ethernet interface supported.
- local content: spots are to be in ISO 13818 transport stream (SPTS) or Program Stream and are inserted without transcoding.
- local content’s audio loudness can be aligned by RMS algorithm without transcoding.
- all output streams are conformant to TR 101 290 and VBV-model for both MPEG2/H264.
- all programs that aren’t to be processed/regionalized in input MPTS/T2MI-stream are blindly bypassed to output without any processing.
- processing delay is fixed but depends on type of input and output compression of video streams and possible transcoding, starting from 2 seconds in simple cases till 5 seconds in cases with h264 encoding with T2MI-wrapping.
- short-time (up to 30 seconds) optional user-specified streams delay.
- long-time live-insertion from local SPTS/MPTS- or SDI-feed.
- all known DVB-tables are bypassed or fully regenerated.
- schedules and reports: SCTE-118, CCMS, CSV.physical input/output – DVB IP Multicast/Unicast UDP/RTP, DVB ASI, DVB S/S2/T/T2/C/C2 (input only), SDI.
- content store: watch-dog, local (SMB or FTP-server) or FTP-transfer (client). Every-day schedules and local content can be stored locally in watch-dog folders or can be automatically downloaded by system as FTP-client. Content can be overwritten “on the fly”, changes are applied immediately.
- additional functions: stuffing, pid/pgm filtering, PID remapping, table regeneration.
- Active heartbeat stream UDP-IP/RS-232, reliability statistics: 99,999% uptime.
- Input stream BISS-descrambling.
- Configuring: manually, conf-files.
- SNMP state control
Notes and requirements
To process DVB IP streams Intel chipset-based NICs are strongly recommended, particularly Silicom NICs with hardware relay bypass and watch-dog timers for reliability reasons.
To process DVB ASI, system requires DekTec or StreamLabs PCIex hardware (particularly DekTec DTA-2145 and StreamLabs MSP2 are equipped with relay bypass and WD-timer).
To receive DVB-S/S2/T/T2/C/C2, system uses any Windows-compatible hardware interface (BDA), NetUp PCIex professional interafces with CI-slots are recommended.
To capture or playout SDI, system uses Blackmagic Decklink or StreamLabs or Dektec or ATS devices.
To operate with H264/H265 streams software tries to use Intel Quicksync technology (hardware GPU) if it is accessible in CPU. Thus, to achieve best quality and performance, CPU is to be equipped with Intel 530-graphics and higher: 530, 540, 550, 580, 630, 640, 650. Recommended processor models: Intel Xeon E3-12x5v5 and v6, Xeon E3-1585v5, Core i3-8109U, Core i5-7260u, Core i7-6770HQ, Core i7-8559U.
Approximate resource consuming – one server based on Intel Xeon E3-1275v5 with 16 GB RAM can process:
- up to 4 HD channels with full transcoding (graphics, etc)
- dozens of SD-services with transcoding (graphics, etc)
- dozens of HD-services without transcoding
One license allows processing of one service/program if another not pointed. One year SLA included. Licenses for redundant processing of same service are discounted by 50%